Energy Resources Education
- High school students learn how to build a wind turbine, solar oven, hydroelectric generator or biogas generator—so they can see firsthand how applied science is helping create a more sustainable future.
- Electricity All Around Us
- Shows kids that the letters and emails that world leaders, politicians, and business people receive about environmental issues can have a very real impact on policy and products.
- Learning Resources
- Free learning resources, packed full of interactive learning activities that use a creative approach. All resources are curriculum-connected and classroom-ready, complete with fun activities and exercises that support different learning styles and teaching situations.
- Energy resources include an electricity poster, oil sands field trips, energy dialogues, petroleum field trips, and petroleum poster.
Classroom & Field Programs
- Energy Literacy Series
- Web-based teaching program that begins with an Introduction to Energy, followed by ten modules that examine all renewable and nonrenewable energy sources.
- Energy IQ
- A compilation of information and resources to help educators, students and the general public get a detailed look at energy across Canada.
ATCO Energy Sense
- Teaching Power
- Teaches young Albertans in our service areas about electricity, electrical safety, and energy efficiency. Activities have been developed in consultation with Alberta teachers and directly align with provincial curriculum outcomes.
- Powering Our World
- Offers students a hands-on and experiential exploration of how electricity is generated and supplied. Students will gain insight into the technology, production, consumption, conservation, and impacts of electricity systems.
Energy.gov - Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
- Energy Literacy
- Energy Literacy: Essential Principles and Fundamental Concepts for Energy Education presents interdisciplinary energy concepts that, if understood and applied, will help individuals and communities make informed energy decisions.
- Energy Topics
- Clearly laid-out information and videos about types of energy and how they are used.
- Energy Systems Map
- Interactive map that explores relationships between sources, production, transport, conversion, form, distribution and use of energy types.
Energy for All
- Renewable energy
- The Energy For All local education and awareness program provides 6 learning modules and provides hands-on participatory activities in topics of renewable energy and water management.
- Access to Energy classroom workshops - building solar lanterns
- Students build solar lanterns to encourage inquiry and provide information and insights into the global challenge of energy poverty.
- Classroom workshops
- Concentrate on Conservation (Gr. 5), Capture the Wind (Gr. 5-6), and Plug in the Sun (Gr. 4-6)