The Alberta Council for Environmental Education (ACEE) seeks to employ an Educator to help us deliver on the work described below.
Status: Full-time salaried position with benefits
Closing date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Starting date: Monday, May 14th, 2018 (negotiated with the successful candidate)
Location: Calgary or Edmonton preferred (other locations in Alberta may be considered)
Salary: Starting at $55,000 plus benefits (commensurate with experience)
ACEE is an incorporated Alberta society with federal charitable status, with the mission of working collaboratively to advance environmental and energy education. The Educator position will support our work to advance energy education (supporting student learning around energy efficiency, energy conservation and renewable energy).
The Educator position will help deliver on our work to advance energy education - the ultimate impact you will seek to deliver is to dramatically increase students’ energy literacy, helping them decrease their carbon footprint where they live and go to school and celebrate their actions as they make a difference. You will galvanize, then organize: you will take a lead role as we help education leaders and teachers understand the importance, relevance, and opportunities within energy literacy; then pivot as you work to build teachers’ capacity, supporting teacher professional learning, organizing events (e.g. conferences) that connect teachers and relevant agencies, and ensuring access to high quality teaching resources.
The successful candidate will be:
- able to manage complex workloads and projects
- a highly motivated self-starter with very strong leadership, administrative, people and communication skills
- highly competent in environmental and energy education
- experienced working in the non-government sector (preferred) and working as part of a team
- experienced in organizing complex events such as conferences
- experienced in capacity-building and proposal-writing
- experienced in working directly with teachers in professional learning workshops and webinars
- computer skills of Mircosoft Office products, virtual technology, (CiviCRM experience an asset)
- An undergraduate degree in a related field
- Several years experience as an environmental or energy educator
- Include a covering letter with your resume that outlines your specific abilities and work experience in relation to this position
- Send your covering letter, resume and references in a single PDF file by email to Kathy Worobec, Education Director - kathy[at]abcee.org
- Include "Educator" in the subject line of the email
- Receipt of your email will be acknowledged
- Will be held April 25 & 26 (either virtually or in person in Calgary)