Alberta Education Current Curriculum Alignment
The current curriculum that has many opportunities for including environment, energy or climate change connections. Below are two curriculum alignments - one for environment and one for energy and climate change.
- Alberta Education curriculum alignment for environmental topics
- Alberta Education curriculum alignment for energy and climate change topics
Career and Technology Foundations Challenge Exemplars
Career and Technology Foundations and Career and Technology Studies also provide excellent student challenges. Alberta Education has released a number of CTF Challenges and some have an environmental focus:
- Catching the Rays - Grades 5 & 8 - design and construct a solar-powered tool that uses the sun as an energy source
- Water for Life - Grades 5 & 8 - explore local watersheds from various perspectives
- Wild World of Alberta - Grades 5, 7 & 8 - create an ecotourism for Alberta's wildlife and natural environments
- Gift of Nature - Grade 7 - grow indoor plants and survey their impact on people and their environment
Curriculum for a Sustainable Future
We created the Curriculum for a Sustainable Future with an Education Task Force to guide curriculum development for increasing environmental, energy and climate change literacy. This can be used to help you identify ways to enhance your current curriculum to deepen environmental, energy and climate change literacy.