ACEE hosted the eighth annual Cenovus Energy Environmental Education Leadership Clinic in November 2015! Thanks to Cenovus Energy, who has committed to funding the Leadership Clinic for 2013, 2014 and 2015!
More information about the Cenovus Energy Environmental Education Leadership Clinic can be found below:
- What is the Leadership Clinic?
- How to apply for the Leadership Clinic?
- What was accomplished in past Leadership Clinics?
- Meet the Leadership Clinic Planning Team
The Leadership Clinic is a transformative learning opportunity open to all groups that deliver environmental education in Alberta! This leadership clinic is so named because it provides teams the skills and plans they need to become leaders in their field. The goal of the leadership clinic is to assist each team in improving their performance in the area of responsible environmental behaviour. We want to see more action by more engaged learners as a result of this clinic. It has the following characteristics:
- Developed specifically to build environmental education capacity
- Diversity of individuals from each organization’s team and across the various organizations
- Team-oriented, results-oriented, and designed to help teams improve their performance
- Goal-driven – teams come with a goal, leave with an action plan and a commitment to deliver on the plan
- Planning - around 40% of the clinic is dedicated to helping teams create an action plan
- The days are spent in individual team planning sessions, professional development sessions, and large group processes and plenaries.
What was accomplished at past leadership clinics?
Read more about the 2014 leadership clinic and find out what has happened at past leadership clinics:
- 2015 team goals, photos, testimonials and resources
- 2014 team goals, photos, testimonials and resources
- 2013: read about the 2013 leadership clinic team goals
- 2012: team goals, photos, testimonials and resources
- 2011: team goals, photos, testimonials and resources
- 2010: team goals, photos, resources and testimonials
- 2009: photos and testimonials
- 2008: team goals, photos, testimonials and resources
From Lisa Vandendool, Teacher, Vera M. Welsh Elementary School:
I just wanted to let you know what a fantastic time our team had at the leadership conference... We were able to get more done in those four days than we probably would have in 4 months without the clinic! I told my team that ACEE has just four staff - my team were amazed to hear this, given the amount that ACEE is able to accomplish! My experience with ACEE has been rewarding, empowering and thought provoking. I am continually impressed with the level of professionalism and warmth that exudes from your staff as you grow environmental education in Alberta in so many different areas in such an effective way… Alberta needs you! Thank you for doing what you do.
From Jeff Reading, Climate Change Central:
I’ve been an environmental educator for 30 years – and the leadership clinic is the best professional development model that I have ever participated in.
From Linda Hut, Teacher, Westglen School:
This clinic was such a worthwhile opportunity for me as an individual and for my team… the location, format and content of this clinic was extremely valuable.
From Erin Kaipainen, University of Calgary, Office of Sustainability:
Thank you for this wonderful process to help us through the planning for our Leadership in Sustainability program. We're very grateful for the tools, the facilitation, and the sense of community developed through this clinic!
From Katie Pearson, the Friends of Fish Creek Provincial Park Society:
ACEE is doing such great work empowering us small NGOs to make the most of the resources we have. What a worthwhile adventure in organizational planning this leadership clinic has been!
If you have questions or are interested in learning more about applying for a future clinic, please contact Rosemarie Ferjuc, Leadership Clinic Coordinator.