On May 25th, 2018, ACEE is hosting a full-day workshop to build your capacity to advance energy, environment, and climate education in the Lethbridge area.
This will be a full-day event, running from 9:30am - 4:00pm, and will include:
- A morning networking walk, as we learn about the Lethbridge environment and environmental education programs in the area (be sure to dress for the outdoors!).
- An opportunity to share your current programs and materials with your environmental education peers.
- Lunch with the Minister of Environment, Shannon Philipps.
- Gareth Thomson, Executive Director of the Alberta Council for Environmental Education, will share details about exciting new opportunities that help Alberta students:
- Increase their environmental and energy literacy.
- Gain valuable new knowledge and skills.
- Become more hopeful as they take climate action in their schools and at home.
- Reduce utility bills and carbon levy payments.
- Become prepared jobs in the clean energy economy.
- "What is excellent climate change education?" presentation, informing the audience on current research and effective delivery of this challenging topic, by Gareth Thomson.
- An opportunity for attendees to incorporate excellent environmental education into their own work, and voice their existing needs in this area.
Attendance is free, but registration is required so that we can order you lunch! We are also pleased to offer to cover transportation costs for those who carpool and we have limited funding available to cover substitute fees for teachers who care to attend. To register, please click here by Wednesday 23 May.