The Alberta Council for Environmental Education supports environment and energy education providers by helping to:
- Understand more about environment and energy education (e.g. current research and best practices) and make connections between environment, energy and climate change,
- Share and learn together as a community to improve our programs and lead to more collaboration, and
- Work collectively to advance environment and energy education by creating regional and provincial common agendas.
Check out the support for Climate Education and Outreach (2017/18 and Alberta Public Narratives).
- Regional Networks
- Workshops and Webinars
- Upcoming Workshops
- Workshops Delivered
- Provincial Summit
- Needs Assessment
ACEE is creating regional networks to support environmental and energy educators at the regional level. Having regional networks will strengthen the environmental and energy education community and connect the regional networks as a provincial network. We will announce these soon.
The regional coordinators will strengthen the regional network by creating more opportunities for the community to connect (formally and informally). ACEE will support the regional coordinators by providing content for formal gatherings (from the workshop list below) and form a provincial advisory committee for regional coordinators to connect, provide guidance for our work and help create a provincial common agenda to advance environmental and energy education.
Contact Kathy Worobec - kathy[at]abcee.org - if you'd like to learn more or are interested in becoming a regional coordinator (Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Lethbridge).
Below are all the workshops and webinars we'll be delivering this year (see each workshop for a description and tentative schedule). We will be working with the regional network coordinators to finalize dates as soon as possible. The content for these workshops is based on the agency needs assessment conducted in July 2017 and 2018 and our past work with agencies through workshops and Communities of Practice.
- Delivering Impactful Environment and Energy Education Programs
- Demonstrate the Impact of your Program and Strengthening your Funding Strategy
- Aligning your programs with new curriculum directions and connections
- Energy Educators
- Celebrate and Showcase your Accomplishments
- November 1st - Calgary - 12:00 to 3:45pm - Helping deliver impactful environmental and energy education programs - REGISTER NOW!
ACEE will convene a provincial environmental, energy and climate change education summit on Thursday, May 23rd 2018 in Canmore AB as a pre-conference summit at the Recharge Conference.
The summit will provide the opportunity for us to connect at a provincial level. We will share activities from a regional level, build on the regional work to create a common agenda to help advance environmental and energy education in Alberta. We’ll explore current opportunities to move environmental and energy education from the margins to the mainstream and how we can use a provincial story to help ‘move the needle’.
ACEE conducted an agency needs assessment to better understand how we can help environmental educators in Alberta to deliver impactful energy education. We've summarized the results into a report (see link below). There were three lucky winners of the MEC gift cards. Thank you to everyone that responded. We are using this information to guide our work.
Thank you to the following for supporting this work