Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal to present a session at the Recharge 2020 Conference April 16-18, 2020 in Canmore, Alberta.
We are looking for sessions that support the conference outcomes and the 2019 Declaration in Support of Environmental Education.
We have three outcomes for the conference, participants will:
- Be inspired and energized by connecting and learning together.
- Build knowledge and skills that will bring environmental and energy education into classrooms and communities.
- Confidently apply new knowledge and ideas in their professional practice as teachers and educators.
Workshops need to be hands-on, minds-on sessions that engage participants with the subject and each other.
Conference sessions will highlight the following important aspects of the Declaration in Support of Environmental Education:
- Sense of place and well-being through regular connection with nature
- Student action and stewardship that builds vibrant and resilient communities
- Expertise from outside and classroom
- Indigenous perspectives and knowledge
Types of Sessions
You will have the option of the following types of sessions:
- 1-hour session
- 1.5 hours sessions
- 3 hour outdoor sessions
Please note that the organizer reserves the right to slightly adjust the session duration as needed.
- Submit up to three sessions.
- We are able to offer $50 honoraria for presenters. If you choose to accept the honorarium, you’ll receive this as a cheque at the conference – so no need to wait, please register for the conference!
- Presenters must be registered for the conference to present a workshop. The early bird registration (just $199!) is still available, and is a great deal!
- ACEE reserves the right to cancel a session.
- Deadline for submission of your workshop proposal is November 22, 2019.
- Your proposal will be reviewed by a committee of volunteers; we hope to be able to announce our workshop program by December 6, 2019.
For more information about the conference, visit https://www.abcee.org/RECHARGECONFERENCE
Tip: We suggest reviewing the questions, drafting your responses in Word, then filling out the form. This also allows you to keep a copy of your workshop proposal!
If you have any questions, please contact Conference Coordinator and Program Chair Christina Pickles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-998-4782.
This information is used by the committee to review your session. Include details on what attendees will take away from your session that they can use in the classroom, why do you want to share this project or idea with others and any other details about your proposal. Up to 200 words.
To ensure that your proposal has an greater likelihood of being accepted, your session must address one or more of the following aspects of the declaration. Indicate which themes best fits your proposal.
Note: presenters must provide their own laptops. Check off what you require. Each room is outfitted with a big-screen TV that can be connected to a laptop with a HDMI cable. Please ensure that you have any necessary adaptors that will enable to you connect to an HDMI port (Especially mac users!!).