- List of all year-round workshops by ACEE
- Upcoming/scheduled PD opportunities
- Year-round PD opportunities
- Additional PD for other audiences & educators
- Community Events
- Teacher Professional Learning Growth Plans
Upcoming Environmental & Energy Education PD for Teachers in Alberta 2018-2019 (Must Register)
- Inside Education: Calgary Renewable Energy & Climate Change Teacher PD Program - August 25-26, 2019
- Inside Education: Fort McMurray, Calgary, Lethbridge, Olds, and Edmonton Youth Summits - November & December 2019
- ACEE: Canmore Recharge 2020 Conference - April 16-18, 2020
- Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology: Alberta-wide Workshops at teachers' conventions - Teachers' Conventions 2020
- ACEE: Alberta-wide workshops
- Canadian Wildlife Federation: Alberta-wide Project WILD, Below Zero, and WILD About Sports. Sign up to be notified of upcoming WILD Education in your area.
- GEOEC: Edmonton & Calgary conferences & workshops.
- Green Teacher: Alberta-wide online webinars on a variety of topics, including schoolyard greening, water, biodiversity, food, sustainability, & climate change.
- Calgary Regional Consortium: Calgary & Area Environmental & Energy related workshops posted when available.
- Edmonton Regional Learning Consortium: Edmonton & Area Environmental & Energy related workshops posted when available.
- Southern Alberta Professional Development Consortium: Medicine Hat & Lethbridge Environmental & Energy related workshops posted when available.
Year-Round Environmental & Energy Education PD for Teachers in Alberta (Upon Request)
Alberta Parks, Kananaskis Country: Canmore, Calgary & Area - Variety of topics, including climate change, outdoor learning, & inquiry
- Alberta Tomorrow: Cochrane, Calgary & Area - Using Alberta Tomorrow in the classroom & curricular connections (Alberta Tomorrow is an online simulator to explore resources now and in the future). Contact Jennifer Janzen to request a workshop (year-round): email@example.com]
- CPAWS Southern Alberta: Calgary & Area - Topics range across all teachable grades and focus on outdoor experiences, action projects, and wildlife.
- The Edmonton Waste Management Centre: Edmonton & Area - The Centre can visit your school on a PD day and talk about recycling, reusing, composting, or anything waste related.
- Ghost Bear Institute: Calgary & Area - Educator field trips for groups of staff or individuals. Structured based on teachers needs and include guided hikes to the Rocky Mountains.
- Green Calgary: Calgary & Area - Inquiry Based Learning in Environmental Education, Digital Learning for Environmental Education, and the option to tailor workshops to teacher needs, including climate, energy, and the 3 Rs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- GreenLearning: Calgary & Edmonton, with online training for others - Workshops that focus on bringing GreenLearning programs into the classroom and strategies for engaging and empowering students to take positive actions.
- Canmore Forest Play: Canmore & Banff - Nature-based education and forest play.
- PEEL Program: Calgary & Area - Supporting teachers in climate change and energy education.
Additional Environmental Education Adult Workshop Providers in Alberta (May Serve as Teacher PD Upon Request)
- Beaverhill Bird Observatory: Edmonton & Area - Workshops are adjusted for needs of the group and are focused on birds, research, climate change, and conservation
- Helen Schuler Nature Centre: Lethbridge & Area - Discovery Tours for groups. Topics include bird watching, geocashing, wildflowers, & sustainable building tours
- Lesser Slave Forest Education Society: Slave Lake & Area - Groups can book ecology hikes in surrounding forests
- University of Alberta Botanic Garden: Edmonton & Area - Adult education courses on gardening and horticulture
- Wild North: Edmonton & Area Living with urban wildlife