ACEE Workshop Recordings
A Two-Day Environmental Symposium at the 2021 Calgary City Teachers' Convention
There's something exciting going on in the city of Calgary and we’d love you and your students to be a part of it! Join us and many of our environmental education partners as we explore the many ways that teachers and their students can learn more ABOUT, FOR and IN the environment while delivering on the curriculum. We"ll also explore how Calgary schools can contribute to our city's own strategies and initiatives, and, optionally, become part of Calgary’s growing EcoSchools community.
The twelve exciting sessions cover a range of topics including the EcoSchools certification program, biodiversity, water management, waste management, climate change and Indigenous perspectives. Each session features hands-on curriculum-linked activities and resources co-presented by a member of Calgary's vibrant environmental education community and a City of Calgary expert. To better meet your teaching needs, sessions are divided into an elementary and a secondary stream.
Session recordings are now available! Click the name of the workshop to open the video.
Elementary Stream (K-6)
- EcoSchools Canada Comes to Calgary: A Primer for Elementary Teachers
- Where Land and Water Meet: A Systems Approach to Watershed Management
- Nature in the City: Fostering a Sense of Place Through Outdoor Learning and Citizen Science
- Waste Not, Want Not: Bringing Waste Management to Life
- Exploring Sustainability Through An Indigenous Lens: Getting Started with Elementary Students
- Let’s Get Climate Active! Engaging Elementary Students in Climate Education and Action
Secondary Stream (7-12)
- Watershed Management in a Changing Climate
- EcoSchools Canada Comes to Calgary: A Primer for Secondary Teachers
- Exploring Sustainability Through An Indigenous Lens: Getting Started with Secondary Students
- Action Begets Hope! Unpacking and Tackling Climate Change with Secondary Students
- Biodiversity in the City: A Common Treasure and Responsibility
- Cradle to Grave: A Whole-System Look at Waste Creation and Management at Home and Abroad