We all understand the importance of tackling climate change and we also know that energy efficiency is a key solution. Many of us may work in environmental education and some in energy education but how do we connect these two areas?
We have invited some of Alberta’s top energy educators to showcase their favourite and most impactful energy activities for you – so you can “learn by doing"! You'll hear from Barend Dronkers with Energy Efficiency Alberta and then roll up your sleeves, have fun, and add some powerful new activities to your tool kit. We'll then explore how we connect environment and energy education in our programs.
Please join us for some Holiday cheer, post-workshop – we’ll serve up some light snacks, and your first drink is on us!
Please RSVP by REGISTERING below.
Date: December 19th, 2018
Time: 2:00 to 6:30pm
Location: Kahanoff Centre, Room 208, 105 12 Ave SE, Calgary
How do we create connections between environment and energy education? - 2:00 to 6:30pm
Join us from 2:00 to 4:15 and you will...
- Hear from Barend Dronkers with Energy Efficiency Alberta on 'What we all need to know about energy efficiency in Alberta?"
- Learn by doing - fun and engaging 'best of' energy activities
- Explore 'best practices' and how we can make connections between environment and energy education
From 4:30 to 6:30, you will....
- Celebrate the contributions of Jeff Reading to our community - Jeff helped found ACEE and served as Chair of the Board for over a decade.
- Celebrate 'your great work' in the photo booth
- Enjoy some informal networking, sharing and learning with snacks and beverages - your first drink is on us!
Please indicate what you will be attending.