Environmental and Energy Education Lunch: Calgary, May 31, 2018
On Thursday, May 31, ACEE hosted an energy and environmental education lunch for key educators in the Calgary area. We filled the room with a strong variety of voices - 25 educators attended from a variety of non-profits, private organizations, and the public sector. At this event, we:
- created networking opportunities for educators to share their projects and build relationships within the environmental education sector
- shared the details of our upcoming projects surrounding energy education
- welcomed the input and feedback of this diverse group of experts, to make sure that we are delivering valuable and impactful tools and resources to them moving forward.
Some of what we heard from this group included ideas of what would help them deliver energy education:
- Workshops delivered by energy educators
- Curriculum links to provide more teacher incentive
- Collaboration with experts to help us frame our programs to include energy
- We need to make teachers feel excited
- Ways to find common ground in polarized topics
- Creation of equity in language, access across income levels and geography
- We need adults/teachers to be motivated, engaged, and personally participating.
We look forward to building this input into our programs and helping to build an even better and stronger environmental/energy education network in the future. Thanks for the City of Calgary and CAWST for helping to make this happen!