Communications Intern - Website Design (Deadline Extended!)
Are you passionate about web design and about helping non-profits create a better world? The Alberta Council for Environmental Education (ACEE) is seeking a dynamic and creative Communications Intern to help design a fresh new website concept to support our transition from Drupal 7 to Drupal 9. This is an 8-week summer position funded through Canada Summer Jobs, running from July 4 to August 26, 2022. To qualify, candidates must be between 15 and 30 years old (there is no requirement to be returning to school in the fall). This position will report to the Executive Director but will also involve working with the rest of the ACEE team.
Location: Flexible; within Alberta preferred - ACEE operates in a virtual work environment.
Hours: This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week), fixed-term position running from July 4 to August 26, 2022.
- Research the Drupal 9 software and platform to understand its capabilities.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of ACEE’s current website and provide recommendations for improving its look, feel, and functionality.
- Create at least three prototypes for a new website design that highlights ACEE’s brand and optimizes the functionality of Drupal 9.
- Work with the Executive Director and the ACEE team on refining the selected prototype to ensure it meets our needs.
Work with our IT consultant to set up a beta version of the new website.
- Working towards a post-secondary certificate, diploma, major, or degree in communications
- Experience with website design and digital communications
- Excellent visual and written communication skills
- Talent and flair for creative website design that effectively represents ACEE’s brand and serves our diverse audiences
- Proficiency in website platforms, particularly Drupal
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Non-profit experience and a demonstrated passion for environmental sustainability will be considered assets.
Compensation: $20-22/hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
Email your cover letter, resume, and three samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. June 26, 2022. Please use “Application for Communications Intern - Web Design” as the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.