The Southern Alberta Chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS SA) is seeking a skilled Engagement Director to join our team in Calgary, Alberta. This is a senior level position in the organization forming part of the core leadership team. This is a full-time position for a year with the possibility of extension.
CPAWS SAB is a dynamic and successful conservation organization that works to protect parks and wilderness areas in the Southern Alberta region. Strengthening and growing constituency is essential in achieving conservation success and ensuring the sustainability of CPAWS Southern Alberta’s ongoing
work. It is important that people in this region connect, experience, and care for public lands and protected areas, growing our collective voice for conservation. This work includes strengthening and growing support for conservation, raising public awareness and profile, connecting people to nature in their local area, and ensuring organizational financial sustainability.
The Engagement Director will be in charge of:
- Implementing and managing engagement directives from the CPAWS SA strategic plan;
- Creating and implementing an engagement strategy;
- Managing the engagement budget;
- Funding and reporting for the department;
- Assisting in budget development;
- Seeking and establishing strategic opportunities in the community, especially in urban centres;
- Leading the development and implementation of the ambassador program and other
- engagement programs;
- Managing and strengthening CPAWS SA volunteer program and network;
- Defining, tracking and increasing membership;
- Increasing brand recognition;
- Overseeing and directing the communications department, including the development and
- implementation of a communications strategy;
- Using various tools including media, social media, written and visual communications to increase
- profile of the organization’s work.
- Being a community liaison to build strategic relationships and make connections; and
- Building partnerships and assisting in overall fund development.
The Engagement Director will have a strong understanding of CPAWS SA’s work and work closely with the Executive Director and CPAWS Southern Alberta staff to expand the scope and span of engagement of the chapter. The successful candidate will be:
- An outgoing self-starter with superior communications/marketing (verbal and writing) skills;
- A highly organized and creative individual;
- Able to manage people, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- A strategic thinker and leader;
- Understand strategic communications including media, social media and community
- A quick learner who is efficient and effective at developing and implementing ideas;
- Able to write and implement plans;
- Able to professionally represent and promote CPAWS SA; and
- Mobilizing and connecting.
In addition, they will have completed a post-secondary degree and have a minimum of 3 years work experience driving such initiatives. Experience in marketing or working in not-for-profit is an asset. They should understand the organization’s long term goals and the value of nature conservation. This Calgary position will be based on 37.5 hour per week with significant time being spent connecting with the community. Office hours are flexible and will be mutually agreed upon, occasional evening and weekend work may be required. A valid driver’s license and vehicle is an asset for this position.
Salary range: $55,000 - $65,000
Please send resumes along with cover letters to Anne-Marie Syslak, Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline Feb 24, 2019.