The Energy Revealed program helps schools, the environment and empowers Alberta students to:
- Become energy efficiency experts and future energy managers.
- Develop competencies, innovative mindsets, and workplace skills, preparing them for careers in energy management.
- Drive down the use of electricity at school, at home, and in their communities.
- Help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Energy Revealed will:
- Deliver student action projects around energy efficiency, conservation and renewable energy.
- Increase energy literacy and climate action through inquiry and project-based learning.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills for careers in energy management.
Benefit your School:
- Position your school as active participants in the climate solution.
- Provide support to the teachers that want to incorporate more energy, environment and climate education but lack the tools to do so.
- Help teachers and students understand where energy comes from.
- Create connections between community leaders and schools as students engage local business owners, trustees and other community members in their projects.
Benefit the Environment:
- Help schools and communities reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions through behaviour change and energy efficiency.
- Help schools become demonstration centres for energy efficiency and sustainability in their communities. This will showcase how energy efficient technology and conservation can inform changes in building occupant behaviours.
Contact us to find out more about this exciting program!