Friends of Fish Creek Provincial Park Society
Position: Stewardship and Outreach Coordinator
Term of Employment: May 6 to August 23, 2019 (16 weeks) possibility of full time, depending on funding
Hours: Part time, 20 hours/week Wage: $19/hour
Location: Friends of Fish Creek, 15975 Bow Bottom Trail SE, Bow Valley Ranch area of Fish Creek Provincial Park Application
Deadline: March 3, 2019, 11:59pm
The Friends of Fish Creek Provincial Park Society is a small Provincial Park-based charitable organization looking for a part‐time Stewardship and Outreach Coordinator to join our team on a 16-week contract. There is also the potential for increased hours pending funding.
The Position: We are seeking a qualified individual to work in a supportive position to our Program and Communications Coordinators. You will work co‐operatively in the coordination and implementation of some of the Friends’ programs as well as perform general administrative duties that will support the staff team as a whole. These duties will include tasks related to: community outreach and special events; volunteer management; stewardship planning and fieldwork supervision, and general program planning, implementation and evaluation. Outdoor fieldwork will be involved as it relates to our Community Watershed Stewardship Project (which includes our Riparian Restoration, Weed Whackers, and Park Clean-Up programs). Some evening and weekend work will be required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong written and spoken communications skills in the English language
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort in public speaking
- Strong skills with MS Office; experience using a volunteer database management system is an asset
- Experience working with volunteers and community partners and comfortable facilitating groups
- General knowledge about ecology, invasive species and riparian health
- General knowledge about Fish Creek Provincial Park an asset
- Standard First Aid certificate with CPR preferred, but will train
- Reliable access to a vehicle and hold a driver’s license
Successful candidates must:
- Be currently registered as a full-time student and intending to return to school full-time in the upcoming academic year
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of application
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Not have participated in a youth project or program funded by the federal government within one year of the start of this employment opportunity.
Short-listed candidates will be required to obtain a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
Are you the right person for this position? Are you highly organized, have a passion for the environment, and have shown that you can work cooperatively and as part of a team with volunteers and others? Do you enjoy coordinating groups of people? If so, please apply!
Submit your resume and cover letter in a single file (either PDF, JPG or DOC) at https://friendsoffishcreek.org/job
The Friends of Fish Creek would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the Friends of Fish Creek, please visit our website at: www.friendsoffishcreek.org