Since 1978 Green Calgary has been helping educate Calgarians on how to live more sustainably. Our current programming aimed at Children & Youth is tremendously popular. In order to accommodate all of our bookings, we are looking to add a part-time, on-call educator to our team. The Educator – Green Kids and Generation Green role combines environmental expertise with a passion for education. Your role will be delivering our hands-on, inquiry-based educational programs in schools and for community groups.
- In order to be successful in this role, you should be passionate about the environment, and urban sustainability
- You have 2-5 years experience in delivering programs to children and youth
- You have strong presentation and verbal communication skills that will enable you to deliver high quality programs
- Your excellent communication skills will ensure that you are able to answer questions on the subject matter to a diverse range of ages (preschool to high school)
- You can lift up to 25kg and aren’t afraid to get dirty
- You have a current and valid driver’s license and your own transportation to locations throughout the city – our program materials can be heavy so having your own car is a must
Hours and working conditions:
This is a part-time, casual position. You’ll see an increase in your work in the Fall, Spring, and Winter, but will be able to enjoy quiet summers. While we cannot guarantee hours, we estimate around 8-15 hours/week in the spring and up to 20 hours/week in the fall. This role is ideal for those with flexible schedules who are passionate about environmental education and working with children and youth. Most of our programs are during school hours, however, we also get bookings for occasional evenings and weekends.
Green Calgary has high expectations for the quality of the programs we deliver so we are looking for someone who already has experience in education, whether that be in a classroom setting or something less formal. Please ensure that you include in your cover letter what that experience is as well as a statement about your educational philosophy.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Areni Kelleppan, Executive Director, at email@example.com