GreenLearning is a rapidly evolving organization searching for an Alberta based Program Manager. As our Program Manager, you will have a leadership role in shaping the future of climate and energy education learning opportunities across Alberta, contribute to a national team and inspire a growing organization, and ultimately have an impact on engaging youth in building sustainable, prosperous and resilient communities, starting where the live.
Your energy, enthusiasm and creativity will lend well to GreenLearning’s small team, who believe that flexibility, an enterprising spirit, and positive outlook contribute to enabling us to consistently innovate in the area of sustainability education. The Alberta Program Manager’s main focus will be to scale GreenLearning's innovative education programs across Alberta, and nurture partnerships with school boards, non profits and corporate partners to further our goals, while contributing to national strategy and growth.
Specifically, the Alberta Program Manager will work on:
- Re-Energy: GreenLearning's most popular and longest running program, Re-Energy engages youth in learning about renewable energy technologies, and building working models of a wind turbine, hydro electric generator, biogas generator and a solar oven. GreenLearning's annual Solar Oven Challenge - running since 2005 - engages youth in constructing and testing a solar oven by cooking treats inside and sharing their results. GreenLearning is adding new construction plans for innovative technologies, and adding exciting challenges to engage and reward participants.
- Energy Revealed: Energy Revealed is a hands-on experiential learning program that leverages innovative new energy monitoring technologies that are being adopted by school boards and schools across Canada in their goal to save money and become more energy efficient. Energy Revealed brings real-world energy monitoring and management directly into the hands of students, teachers and facility managers. This initiative empowers students - as the main occupants of the buildings - to play leadership roles in delivering energy efficiency and practical cost-saving emission-reduction measures. It is based on breakthrough technology, powerful software and cloud-based data analytics that make energy use and efficiency measures visual and understandable.
The Alberta Program Manager will be required to engage students, teachers, community leaders, along with industry and government leaders.
- Knowledge of energy management and renewable energy technologies;
- Understanding of the municipal sector, particularly the education sector;
- Skills in relationship and business development, management and stewardship;
- Good sense of strategy and evaluation;
- Confidence, creativity, and good communication skills;
- Entrepreneurial attitude;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Minimum college diploma in energy management or engineering, or a university degree in engineering, environmental science or policy, education or related field;
- Experience with a start-up or non-profit environment, or interest in developing that experience;
- Comfortable in a flexible and virtual work environment;
- Experience working with children/youth and an ability to engage and support young people through youth-driven activities, programs, projects and initiatives; and,
- Compelling volunteer experiences an asset.
- Full-time position, on a one-year renewable contract
- Location: Anywhere in Alberta
- GreenLearning offers a flexible work environment, with the ability to work from home and a dynamic working space
The deadline to apply is July 19
For more details visit the job posting on Indeed and if you are interested in applying, please send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to work with GreenLearning to Mary McGrath, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org