Do you love science, the environment, and encouraging students to experience, discover and make connections to the natural world? Can you seize a teachable moment and turn it into an aha-moment? Come work for us in the outdoor classroom! Inside Education helps students and teachers understand the science, technology and issues related to our environment and natural resources. Our award-winning education programs consider multiple perspectives and encourage critical thinking and responsible stewardship.
We're looking for several enthusiastic, adaptable Outdoor Educators to join our team, based in either Calgary or Edmonton for the spring field season! You will be involved in the direct delivery of forest and/or wetlands education programs to students at various outdoor field sites across Alberta. This is a great opportunity to build your facilitation and presentation skills, while working alongside a team of passionate, dedicated educators!
- Post-secondary studies in education, science, environmental or related fields.
- Some experience teaching or leading outdoor groups, working with students, and/or delivering education programs.
- You must be a safe, competent driver with a clear abstract (vehicle not required).
- For the purpose of our vehicle insurance and employment grants candidates must be between 21-30 years of age by the position start date.
- You must have a current standard first aid certificate by the position start date. Additional safety training is a desired asset.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You are a flexible, resilient and good-natured travel companion. Due to the nature of our work at different field sites around the province, frequent travel - including overnights and evening/weekend overtime is required (time-off-in-lieu provided).
- You are able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, interact with students of all ages, and take on a variety of education assignments.
- You have a well-rounded understanding of the science and issues related to Alberta's natural resources and environment.
- You’re a natural at storytelling, creativity, and can identify and capitalize on teachable moments.
Wages and Term
This is a 9-week, full-time term from May 1 to June 28, 2019. Preference will be given to returning post-secondary students. Wages are $20/hour, based on a 36.25 hour work week, plus 6% vacation pay.
We are looking forward to getting to know you better! Apply online with your letter of introduction and resumé (just one PDF file please) by February 15, 2019 to: http:// www.insideeducation.ca/about-us/join-our-team/