Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society – Southern Alberta
Office and Finance Administrator
To view the full job posting, click here.
The Southern Alberta Chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS SAB) is seeking an experienced Office and Finance Administrator to join our team in Calgary, Alberta. Reporting to the Executive Director and supporting the Program Directors, the Office and Finance Administrator is responsible for managing the financial, administrative and personnel aspects of the organization.
The Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) is a voice for nature. We are a nonprofit environmental organization working to protect half of Canada’s public land and water. Since 1967, CPAWS Southern Alberta Chapter has led conservation efforts to protect areas in Banff National Park, Kananaskis, the Whaleback and the Castle. We encourage and support all Albertans to connect with nature and become stewards for our natural landscape. Our chapter is also a leader in environmental education, offering award-winning programs to help build the next generation of environmental stewards.
Mission: Safeguard, connect, and expand parks and wilderness through education, engagement, and collaboration with Albertans.
Vision: The Alberta landscape has a growing abundance of parks, protected areas and wilderness, where nature thrives because of the conservation efforts of and for all Albertan.
- Financial Management (30%)
- Administration/Office Management (30%)
- Human Resources (10%)
- Fundraising (15%)
- Other (15%)
Knowledge and Experience
- Accounting/bookkeeping designation or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online
- At least two years of employment experience in a related field
- Experience with non-profit accounting
- Experience with charitable fund management
- Strong analytical capabilities with an interest in problem solving
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis
- Operational experience and aptitude
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Office 365 with advanced experience in excel
- Strong communication skills. Ability to ask clarifying questions and communicate information regarding accounting and finances
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Understanding and support of CPAWS SAB’s mission and values • Valid drivers license
- Experience working within the environmental community
- Positive outlook and a love of nature
Anticipated start date: May/June 2021
Duration of position: Permanent Part-time, 30 hrs/week
Compensation: $40,000 - $45,000 (commensurate on experience), full benefits package, 3 weeks vacation + Christmas break closure, and 5 wilderness days/year
Location details: CPAWS SAB Office – 88 Canada Olympic Way, Calgary Alberta. Flexibility to work remotely while COVID-19 restrictions are in place.
Working conditions: Although rare, this position requires occasional work on weekends and evenings to accommodate meetings and events.
- Include your resume, cover letter and three references in one document (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF), addressing your qualifications and experience
- Include “Office and Finance Administrator” in the subject line
- Submit your application by email to the attention of Brad Clute, email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: until position is filled