Summer Institute for Climate Education
Looking to include climate change in your classroom or education programs but not sure where to start? Join ACEE and Climate Generation for the virtual 2021 Summer Institute for Climate Change Education. Gain the skills, tools, and resources to integrate climate change education into your teaching or education programs and empower students in all subject areas to engage in climate solutions. Receive on-going support throughout the year by being part of the Teach Climate Network and having access to resources and curriculum.
This three-day experience is full of powerful and engaging keynote speakers, meaningful discussion about the intersection of social justice and climate change, and collaborative conversations between a national network of climate change education leaders. Day two will consist of a regional workshop specifically for Alberta teachers and educators, led by ACEE's senior education advisor Dr. Marie Tremblay and climate education expert Dr. Melanie Hoffman. Leave feeling reinvigorated for the new school year and prepared to educate your students to be global citizens.
Date: July 28–30, 2021
Registration: $250 US. ACEE is offering a $50 refund on the registration fee to the first 10 registrants - so don't wait, register now! In order to make the Summer Institute for Climate Change accessible to more participants, full and partial scholarships are available.
- 20 Hours of Continuing Education
- Membership to Climate Generation’s Teach Climate Network; includes ongoing support throughout the year through teaching tips, resources, training, and online community networking with educators
- Access to the Teach Climate Network Hub, an online platform for members to connect and learn
- Monthly Teach Climate Tips in your inbox
- Free resources and curriculum to help you teach climate