The Alberta Council for Environmental Education supports environment and energy education providers by helping to:
- Understand more about environment and energy education (e.g. current research and best practices) and make connections between environment, energy and climate change,
- Share and learn together as a community to improve our programs and lead to more collaboration, and
- Work collectively to advance environment and energy education by creating regional and provincial common agendas.
There are over 100 environment and energy education providers active within Alberta. See the full list here.
Check out the support for Climate Education and Outreach (2017/18 and Alberta Public Narratives).
- Provincial Summits
- Declaration in Support of Environmental Education
- Upcoming Workshops
- Workshops Delivered and Resources
- Regional Networks
- Needs Assessment
- Provincial Summit 2020 - April 16, 2020 - Canmore, AB - Register Now (registration is part of the Recharge conference registration - you can select the pre-conference only if you can't attend the conference). Lunch will be provided and this is offered free of charge.
- Provincial Summit 2019 - Outcomes and Actions - over 70 environmental educators gathered to connect and support environmental education in Alberta.
The first thing created from the Summit is the Declaration in Support of Environmental Education that was unveiled during the Recharge Conference. Over 75 people have already shown their support for the Declaration. It outlines the priorities and conditions needed to support environmental education. READ AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE DECLARATION.
The group also explored how to work together with government and educational leaders to ensure the priorities and conditions are met. We are working hard to summarize this work to provide some next steps. More on this soon!
ACEE continues to support those that provide environmental education across Alberta. We are working on our plans for the fall of 2019 to spring of 2020. Next workshop:
- December 5th - 12:30 to 4:00pm - Edmonton
Workshops topics that we have or will deliver (based on needs assessment):
- Fun in the Sun! Exploring, Connecting, Learning
- Delivering Impactful Environment and Energy Education Programs
- Demonstrate the Impact of your Program and Strengthening your Funding Strategy
- Aligning your programs with new curriculum directions and connections
- Energy Educators
- Celebrate and Showcase your Accomplishments
Questions - contact Kathy Worobec - kathy[at]abcee.org
- Edmonton - Environment and Energy Education Telling Your Story - September 24, 2019
- Edmonton - Fun in the Sun! Exploring, Connecting, Learning - July 4, 2019
- Calgary - Creating connections between environment and energy education - December 19, 2018
- Webinar - Exploring 'best practices' for environment, energy and climate change education - December 10, 2018
- Red Deer - How to deliver impactful environment and energy education programs - December 6, 2018
- Edmonton - Aligning your program with new curriculum - November 21, 2018
- Calgary - Helping deliver impactful environment, energy and climate change education - November 1, 2018
- Edmonton - Demonstrating Impact and Building on Climate Education and Outreach - October 2nd, 2018
- Lethbridge Environmental Education Workshop, May 25, 2018
- Calgary Environmental and Energy Education Lunch, May 31, 2018
ACEE is creating regional networks to support environmental and energy educators at the regional level. Having regional networks will strengthen the environmental and energy education community and connect the regional networks as a provincial network. We will announce these soon.
The regional coordinators will strengthen the regional network by creating more opportunities for the community to connect (formally and informally). ACEE will support the regional coordinators by providing content for formal gatherings (from the workshop list below) and form a provincial advisory committee for regional coordinators to connect, provide guidance for our work and help create a provincial common agenda to advance environmental and energy education.
Contact Kathy Worobec - kathy[at]abcee.org - if you'd like to learn more or are interested in becoming a regional coordinator (Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Lethbridge).
ACEE conducted an agency needs assessment to better understand how we can help environmental educators in Alberta to deliver impactful energy education. We've summarized the results into a report (see link below). There were three lucky winners of the MEC gift cards. Thank you to everyone that responded. We are using this information to guide our work.
Thank you to the following for supporting this work