Teaching & Learning Support
High priority recommendations on teaching & learning for Alberta school boards
Examples of the recommendations in action
Curriculum for a Sustainable Future - outlines what Alberta students should learn about environment, energy, and climate
Washington State's ClimeTime Initiative
Robert Thirsk School - Natural Science Courses
Westwood Community Initiative - Energy and Environmental Science Courses
Lacombe Composite High School - EcoVision
New Myrnam School - Renewable and Energy Efficiency Education
- Policy Resolution Template to increase professional development opportunities and resources for teachers
- Curriculum links for environmental, energy, and climate education and action - for teachers
- Roadmap to Excellent Climate Change Education - how to help students learn about climate and take action - for all educators
- Resource Hub - a database full of new resources, programs, professional development, and grants to support environmental and energy education
- The Youth Outdoor Policy Playbook is a tool to help legislators and community leaders advance youth-centered state policies for outdoor education and engagement. It highlights existing and promising policy solutions, provides a platform for sharing and advancing new ideas, and connects cross-sector leaders working on statewide policy initiatives
- Education for a Sustainable Future: A Resource for Curriculum Developers, Teachers, and Administrators (Manitoba based) takes an interdisciplinary approach to providing direction for the integration of sustainability knowledge, skills, values, and life practices within the curriculum, the classroom, and the community.
- Complete listing of high priority policy recommendations and examples in all four categories.