Youth Survey 2020
The Alberta Council for Environmental Education is working with Leger to conduct polling of youth (ages 15 to 24) in February 2020. The results of this survey will be used by educators to better prepare Alberta’s youth to become engaged citizens and well-educated participants in Alberta’s economy as they enter the workforce.
- Understand the beliefs and values of the youth in Alberta in relation to environment, energy and climate change.
- Understand attitudes and behavior in relation to environment, energy and climate change.
- Level of youth environment, energy, and climate change literacy.
- Test language from focus groups (held in late 2019) regarding youth narratives around energy and climate to see if some of the language and things heard resonate with a larger youth sampling.
- A comparison of some of the youth findings from 2010 Ipsos Reid survey to determine shifts in youth’s environment, energy and climate literacy over the past decade.
The survey results will be released in April 2020 and will be also be incorporated into the summary report and educator tool kits created from the youth narratives project.
This work was funded by the Alberta Government and will help educators understand gaps in literacy and ways to better prepare youth to become engaged citizens that develop innovative, 'win, win' solutions for our environment, economy and society.
Survey results from 2009 and 2010: